>It’s a new calendar year. Time to make resolutions and plans. In my case it’s going to be a plan; for I only have one Major Resolution this year –
I shall get “The Secret of Arking Down: The Angel’s Crown” published this year. Of course, this means that I have to finish writing it first…
- I shall finish the first draft by 30th April.
- I’ll leave it alone and work on something else for two months after that.
- I’ll start the first paper edit on 1st July.
- Then I will rewrite according to all the red pen from 1st August.
- After that I have to sort out a Beta Reader / Editor (any volunteers would be welcome!) to check that I have done a good job on the edit.
- Then I edit again…
Hopefully at this point I can get on with my synopsis, basic query letter and agent / publisher research!
So cross your fingers for me. Getting “Angel” published is going to be the task that tells me if I’m just a talented amateur or a properly saleable writer.
I was going to run another monthly contest from my author website. But having set up and run “Welcome to Wherever…” for a couple of months, I realised that I wouldn’t have enough time in the month to run two contests, put together a webzine and finish writing “The Angel’s Crown” – let alone the demands of a household as well!
So any writing contests will be routed through my webzine. I might hold a few fun things through this website, but nothing massively serious… *grins*
Of course I have all the usual resolutions as well… Drop two dress sizes by July… Learn to Drive… Get a job… so on and so forth, but somehow they don’t seem as important as usual. I’m not sure why.
Ah, well. On with the novel… *flexes fingers and rolls shoulders*